The Cochrane Training website provides a range of learning opportunities for individuals interested in learning more about conducting, editing or reading a systematic review. Whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned reviewer, you will find new opportunities to learn here about Cochrane systematic review methodology and processes. You can find Cochrane trainings, resources, and learning events here.
DUE TO COVID19, many upcoming events have gone virtual, been rescheduled, or cancelled. Stay tuned for updates on potential reschedulings and new opportunities as they arise.
Recent and upcoming Cochrane US training and learning opportunities:
- Systematic Review Training. University of Mississippi Center of Evidence-Based Practice. The Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI) Comprehensive Systematic Review Training Program enables the participants to learn how to conduct robust systematic reviews of different evidence types in order to provide the strongest possible evidence to inform decision making or clinical guidelines in healthcare. This world-class systematic review training program incorporates both theory and hands-on experience. Throughout the program participants will develop a focused question, search for relevant literature, appraise and synthesize evidence arising from research. For questions please email Nancy Ladd: firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration deadline is August 28, 2020 for September and Dec 31st for January. Information and registration here.
- September 14-17, 2020 • 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM • UMMC School of Nursing Room A140
- January 19-22, 2021 • 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM • UMMC School of Nursing Room A140
- Webinar Series. CU Anschutz Medical Campus Rocky Mountain Cochrane Series. Don't miss this monthly webinar series!
- On September 23 @ 11am EST, Cochrane Consumer Engagement Officer, Richard Morley, will be presenting 'Embedding Consumer Engagement and Involvement in Cochrane.' Richard supports the engagement and involvement of healthcare consumers (patients, carers, and the public) in Cochrane’s research and governance, including working with a growing network of 1750 volunteers across the world. Registration found here.
- Information on this webinar series can be found on CU Anschutz' Health Sciences Library page.
- Webinar Series. Cochrane Neonatal Review Group. Evidence-Based Medicine: Basics and Beyond
- Session 7: Evidence in Practice: Probiotics for preterm infants on September 23rd at 12pm EST
- Cochrane Neonatal is hosting session 7 in this series aimed especially at new clinicians, fellows and trainees. It covers the basics of evidence-based medicine (EBM) and teaches clinicians how to use EBM for best practice. The latest session will cover the newly updated Cochrane Review on probiotics for preterm infants.
- The webinar will feature a review of the newest data and discussion with review author and Cochrane Neonatal Co-Coordinating Editor, Bill McGuire, on the use of probiotics in the NICU. Roger Soll will be presenting, and Danielle Ehret will also be joining from the University of Vermont.
- This webinar aims to create an interactive experience for our participants. There will be a 30-minute pre-recorded session and a 30-minute live session that includes some participant polling and ample time for questions and answers. To register please click here.
- As Scheduled. U.S. GRADE Guideline Development Workshop. The 13th Guideline Development Workshop will take place virtually from October 28 - 30, 2020. The workshops will focus on GRADE rapid reviews and recommendations. More information and registration can be found here. Scholarships to attend the guideline development workshop are available through the Evidence Foundation. Applications are due August 31st - find more information here.
- Systematic Review Training. Central Michigan University and US Satellite Pregnancy and Childbirth Cochrane Review Group. Join esteemed instructors from various US Cochrane institutions and from the US Network Executive Committee at a Systematic Review Training, hosted by Central Michigan University and US Satellite Pregnancy and Childbirth Cochrane Review Group. This 2-day virtual training will cover standard author systematic review topics, and is available at a reduced cost. For more information, contact the MPH program at Central Michigan University at email@example.com. Register here.
- November 7 - 8, 2020, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Online via WebEx - link sent after registration closes
- Cancelled. Summer Institute for Systematic Reviews in Nutrition for Global Policy Making. Cochrane, Cornell University and the World Health Organization collaborate to provide training in systematic review following the Cochrane methodology and application of GRADE to assess quality of evidence. The Summer Institute is held from July 20 - 31, 2020 at Cornell University's Ithaca Campus. Additional information and registration are available here.
- To Be Rescheduled. How to Conduct a Systematic Review Workshop, March 19 - 20, 2020, hosted by Cochrane Eyes and Vision Group US Satellite and The Ohio State University College of Optometry. This intensive, 2-day workshop will guide participants through the steps of developing a systematic review using the latest Cochrane methodology. Additional information, including an agenda, are available here.
If you would like to submit your event to our webpage, please email the US Network Coordintor, Tiffany Duque: firstname.lastname@example.org