Hi mentoring program applicants! Apologies for the continued delay in announcing participants. We were able to recruit additional mentors, so we will be accepting more mentees! The match process is taking longer & it's summer holiday for many.
We really appreciate your patience and it's definitely worth the wait!
Year One (Y1) has been a great success and we look forward to welcoming a new cohort of health science students and professionals who are excited about evidence synthesis.
The mentoring program is a 12-month commitment and will include group and one-on-one mentoring, networking events, trainings, and the opportunity to work on or complete a project or product in collaboration with Cochrane researchers. Additional events and involvement within Cochrane will be offered. The program is currently 100% virtual.
Meet our Y1 Mentees: https://us.cochrane.org/mentoring
This program has as a main objective to serve minority, under-resourced, and/or historically discriminated against participants to contribute to Cochrane's goal of improving health equity through access and availability to trusted health evidence for all. Anyone worldwide is welcome to apply; please expect to attend meetings, events, and trainings during US working hours.
12 months; 4-8 hours per month
- Availability / flexibility during US working hours (approximately 8am – 6pm EST / New York) Find these times in your time zone
- Obligatory attendance at monthly meetings with your group and mentor (virtual)
- Sufficient English language skills to attend and participate in meetings and trainings (Spanish and other languages maybe be offered depending on mentor availability)
- Access to a computer and high-speed internet (program is virtual)
- Able to commit to 12 months & time commitment
- Flexibility, professionalism, and enthusiasm
Application Process - CLOSED
Mentee Selection Announcement
End July, 2022
Between 20 - 30 participants will be selected
Program Start Date
Sept, 2022 - dependent on mentor time availability. (could be earlier)
Questions? Email Tiffany: email@example.com