Applications are OPEN to apply for selection as a mentee for year two (Y2) of the Cochrane US Mentoring Program. Year One (Y1) has been a great success and we look forward to welcoming a new cohort of health science students and professionals who are excited about evidence synthesis.
The mentoring program is a 12-month commitment and will include group and one-on-one mentoring, networking events, trainings, and the opportunity to work on or complete a project or product in collaboration with Cochrane researchers. Additional events and involvement within Cochrane will be offered. The program is currently 100% virtual.
Meet our Y1 Mentees: https://us.cochrane.org/mentoring
This program has as a main objective to serve minority, under-resourced, and/or historically discriminated against participants to contribute to Cochrane's goal of improving health equity through access and availability to trusted health evidence for all. Anyone worldwide is welcome to apply; please expect to attend meetings, events, and trainings during US working hours.
12 months; 4-8 hours per month
- Availability / flexibility during US working hours (approximately 8am – 6pm EST / New York) Find these times in your time zone
- Obligatory attendance at monthly meetings with your group and mentor (virtual)
- Sufficient English language skills to attend and participate in meetings and trainings (Spanish and other languages maybe be offered depending on mentor availability)
- Access to a computer and high-speed internet (program is virtual)
- Able to commit to 12 months & time commitment
- Flexibility, professionalism, and enthusiasm
- Complete application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdxTQ4_iG2PfkavUwzuXnEReH4Wx28U-E2OfbcQpCqgrajiEA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Send a personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
(MAXIMUM 500 WORDS – save file with your name)
Application Closing Date
May 23th, 2022
Mentee Selection Announcement
June 17th, 2022
Between 10 - 15 participants will be selected
Program Start Date
Tuesday, July 5th, 2022
Questions? Email Tiffany: firstname.lastname@example.org