We are so thrilled to welcome our selected mentors and mentees for Year 2!
17 mentors from Cochrane and partners will join 28 mentees from 17 countries!
Please welcome our Y2 Mentees:
|Yelson Alejandro Picón||Colombia|
|Joud Momani||United States|
|María Florencia Armani||Argentina|
|Aoife O'Mahony||United Kingdom|
|Rehab Emad Sayed||Egypt|
|Jaffer Shah||United States|
|Blanca Solis Chimoy||Perú|
|Suci Ardini Widyaningsih||Indonesia|
|Karen Gibbs||United States|
|Ana María Rojas-Gómez||Colombia|
And an additional warm and grateful welcome to our Year 2 Mentors:
READ ABOUT YEAR 2 HIGHLIGHTS HERE: https://us.cochrane.org/news/mentees-year-2-highlights
Program Founder & Director: Tiffany Duque, Cochrane Senior Officer, Central Executive Team
Program Coordinator: Paola Andrenacci, Cochrane Hepato-Biliary & ExME
Read about our Y1 mentees in our Mentee Spotlight Series on Twitter @Cochrane_US
Year One (Y1) was a great success and we look forward to welcoming a new cohort of health science students and professionals who are excited about evidence synthesis.
The mentoring program is a 12-month commitment and will include group and one-on-one mentoring, networking events, trainings, and the opportunity to work on or complete a project or product in collaboration with Cochrane researchers. Additional events and involvement within Cochrane will be offered. The program is currently 100% virtual.
Meet our Y1 Mentees: https://us.cochrane.org/mentoring
This program has as a main objective to serve minority, under-resourced, and/or historically discriminated against participants to contribute to Cochrane's goal of improving health equity through access and availability to trusted health evidence for all. Anyone worldwide is welcome to apply; please expect to attend meetings, events, and trainings during US working hours.
12 months; 4-8 hours per month
- Availability / flexibility during US working hours (approximately 8am – 6pm EST / New York) Find these times in your time zone
- Obligatory attendance at monthly meetings with your group and mentor (virtual)
- Sufficient English language skills to attend and participate in meetings and trainings (Spanish and other languages maybe be offered depending on mentor availability)
- Access to a computer and high-speed internet (program is virtual)
- Able to commit to 12 months & time commitment
- Flexibility, professionalism, and enthusiasm
Application Process CLOSED
Year 3 Mentee Selection Announcement
Approximately 20 participants will be selected
Program Start Date
Sept, 2023 - dependent on mentor time availability
Questions? Email our program coordinator Paola Andrenacci: firstname.lastname@example.org